About the FTA
The Finance & Treasury Association (FTA) is a professional association for executives working across all aspects of treasury and financial risk management. The FTA provides training and skills development and access to current information, facilitates networking and builds a community in this specialised area of business.
The FTA will be recognised as the pre-eminent organisation representing treasury and financial risk management professionals in Australia (Asia and Pacific).
- To improve and promote ongoing opportunities for professional development of members
- To keep members up to date on all aspects of best practice within the profession
- To provide opportunities for members to meet and establish professional and social networks
- To increase recognition of the skills of members
- To convey the views of members on key technical issues facing the profession to government, other associations and the wider community
- The FTA acts in the interests of the financial risk management profession and promotes the values of its members;
- The FTA will make every attempt to meet the needs of members in a timely, responsive and supportive manner;
- The FTA strives for quality in all its activities; and
- The FTA is responsive to new ideas and opportunities that enhance the offer to members.
Code of Ethics
- Members shall exemplify the skills of the profession and act at all times with integrity, care and diligence.
- Members shall seek to maintain and improve their professional knowledge, skllls and competence.
- Members shall observe legislation and regulation that governs their respective activities, as well as the spirit of the law and contemporary market practice.
- Members shall consider the effect of their actions on all relevant stakeholders and declare to those parties any conflict of interest.
- Members shall exercise a duty of care such that their activities are capable of close public scrutiny.
FTA began as the International Treasury Club. In 1982 its name was changed to the Australian Society of Corporate Treasurers. In 1998, the ASCT changed its name to the Finance & Treasury Association.
The FTA is a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001.
ABN: 70 006 509 655
Registered address: Lvl 8, 574 St Kilda Rd Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia